Vigilantes is a co-operative board game where players get to start as normal people trying to make the city a better place. As you play you gain abilities and gadgets to turn you into a super hero 🦹♂️. Theses changes persist between playing sessions. Unfortunately the villains 😈 you play against also improve over time and the locations in the city you play on start getting destroyed by the villains and their henchmen.
You can find the project here on GitHub.
I keep additional super rough notes on this project here.
Next Steps ⏭
Section to explain what to work on next
- Strip back the first version of the rule set, to something that can be played without legacy components. Then play test it.
- Start adding in legacy elements
- Write a bunch of resource cards so it can be played
2019-12-15 - 2020-01-12
During this time I was looking at:
- Different ways of giving a character statistics in a way which could be levelled up
- Different kinds of maps; Pandemic style, hex grids, standard grids, Zombicide spaces
- How to have villain/enemy stats that change over time
- Core mechanic questions
It was a very loose brainstormy prototypey process.
2019-09-10 - 2019-10-04
The was the first sprint on this project and was focussed on refining my ideas about the game and presenting a basic rule set that can be further simplified and play tested.
- Have a super simple playable version focussed on the core concepts
- Write up the initial rule set
- Write up a comprehensive set up ordered uncertainties and next steps