MSc Technology Entrepreneurship at University College London
From September 2012 - June 2013 I went to UCL to study an MSc in Technology Entrepreneurship.
2012-09-01 - 2013-06-30
This course was essential a start-up boot-camp where you get a degree at the end as well 👍 As I had never studied any business before and had started my own little company this seemed like a perfect way to learn, move to london, grow my company and boogie down all at the same time.
During the course you have a bunch of modules on classic stuff like; strategy, management and customer development. As well as a more practical focus on having your own start-up and applying what you learn to it. They also massively push you into the London start-up scene, seed investment and lots of networking (which always had free pizza and drinks so yay 🥳). Check out Nine Studios for the work I did on my start-up at this time.
Here's some of the highlights:
- Graduated with Merit, good job 👨🎓
- Was the design officer of the UCL Enterprise Society
- Did a TEDx talk on the Future of Home Design at TEDx UCL
- Won the London Entrepreneurs Challenge
- Got the UCL Bright Ideas Award
- Shortlisted for the Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas award
- Shortlisted for the NACUE Varsity Pitch Competition
- Got some seed funding from UCL to further pursue the start-up